Thursday, April 25, 2013

15. It's A Trapeze (China Glaze) - A Polish That Is Overrated


I've actually had It's A Trapeze (China Glaze) for a good long while now. Within the first few days of the Cirque collection's release in fact. The idea of it caught my eye and I was a bit excited for China Glaze's dip into the indie pool. One of the much celebrated aspects of indie polish is the sheer creativity that comes with the mix of bases and glitters which is definitely what CG went for. They used a milky white base and packed as much glitter as they could in the colors they could.

Which is how China Glaze might have missed the mark here by doing a bit too much. I couldn't help but feel like it was just too much all at once and they missed a chance to edit their formula and make it more refined. It always looks effortless when indie brands like Lush Lacquer or NerdLacquer manage the perfect balance but it is the art of working those decisions out that makes them so popular. I hope that they keep trying because in the end they are very frankly more accessible ($7 for China Glaze vs. $9 and up + shipping for Indie Brands) but part of the fun of indie is their creativity and that it feels good to support something individual and homegrown that doesn't have the resources of massive hi-tech labs.

Good try, but still no dice.




Polish that:
is overrated 

is hard to apply
i can't pull off
would be worn to a wedding
is blue
is new
is from a favorite brand
has a name that describes me
is a glitter

is my favorite
is my least favorite 
makes me happy
is "so me"
reminds me of a special day

is worn often
was gifted to me
is from a least favorite brand
was loved but is now hated
is a pastel
was hated but is now loved
hasn't been worn in some time

is sexy
matches my favorite outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)