Friday, April 26, 2013

16. Neon Lights (Polish Me Silly) - A Polish That Is Hard To Apply

ETA: Officially, Lush Lacquer's name changed to Polish Me Silly: I edited the text below accordingly.


I'm getting on that indie train and it's almost summer so of course my first indie purchase of this season had to be something in preparation. Neon Lights (Polish Me Silly) is a white based chock full of semi-transparent neon glitter in different hex sizes and colors (so far I can see, neon pink, yellow, orange, green).

It can get a bit streaky, especially when I have to deal with the large pink and green glitters but it mostly evens out on the second coat. I realized a little too late that I need to work with thinner coats to avoid covering all the glitter in the white base. My goal is to get it as close as possible to how it looks like through the bottle. There will be a lot of topcoat (I need to invest in Gelous). It was opaque in two coats, but I had some things to correct so added a third one.

It's growing on me. I can't say I'm in love yet, but I'll try it out a bit more before I can truly let it go. What a cool concept though!



Polish that:
is hard to apply

i can't pull off
would be worn to a wedding
is blue
is new
is from a favorite brand
has a name that describes me
is a glitter

is my favorite
is my least favorite 
makes me happy
is "so me"
reminds me of a special day

is worn often
was gifted to me
is from a least favorite brand
was loved but is now hated
is overrated

is a pastel
was hated but is now loved
hasn't been worn in some time

is sexy
matches my favorite outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)