Thursday, August 15, 2013

18.Stand By Your Manny (Nicole by OPI) - A Polish That Is A Pastel


Stand By Your Manny (Nicole by OPI) is an absolutely gorgeous pastel blue shimmer that feels like a darker Blue Lagoon (Revlon); they have the same concept, light blue creme with lovely fine shimmer. Unfortunately they both have the same problem, horrendous application. I will say this for Stand By Your Manny, it's marginally better than Blue Lagoon but only just. It took four coats to get to the pic above (and as you can see on my pinkie, I still had bald spots). It also took some time to dry out which meant that if I didn't wait between coats I'd get dragging which caused what you see on the tip of my index finger. Not the most pleasant application.

The final result however, might just be pretty enough to be worth all the trouble. I have to say that I can't see myself reaching for this bottle every time I feel like a light blue shimmer. I think I'll stick to Cinderella (Sinful Colors) instead.


Polish that:
is a pastel

is hard to apply
i can't pull off
would be worn to a wedding
is blue
is new
is from a favorite brand
has a name that describes me
is a glitter

is my favorite
is my least favorite 
makes me happy
is "so me"
reminds me of a special day

is worn often
was gifted to me
is from a least favorite brand
was loved but is now hated
is overrated

was hated but is now loved
hasn't been worn in some time

is sexy
matches my favorite outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)