Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Violet Flower (Zoe & Zac Naturals)


I've been doing odd pink shades for my Wednesday Pink manis. This time I chose Violet Flower (Zoe & Zac Naturals) which is a dusky neutral pink (despite the violet name). It's a lot darker and more brown indoors but in the sun the subtle shimmer peeks through and brightens an otherwise standard neutral. Application was nothing to complain about; this was done in two coats and if I had been better about it could have been done in one.

I've been on the hunt for neutral shades that work with my skin tone since most so-called nude shades tend to ignore darker and warmer tones. I've found that neutrals that lean toward pinks, like Vacation Time (Sinful Colors) work best for me whether I go light or dark.  Also, the harder it is to describe a color, the more I'm intrigued :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)