Sunday, December 8, 2013

Manila (American Apparel) & Poppy (American Apparel) Swatches & Review

A summer preview? Or something to wear now that it dropped to 20 degrees Fahrenheit around here.


Manila is lovely mustard yellow creme. I like this kind of yellow; it's not too bright, not too green-toned, but it's got enough saturation in it to look good with my skin-tone. I'm not a fan of the formula, but I wasn't really surprised because this is a yellow polish (pastels, whites, and yellows are almost guaranteed to be a problem). One good thing about the slightly runny formula is that I could do three thin coats with some kind of control. Not much to be done for the streakiness except possibly add another coat.



Poppy is a gorgeous coral red (it's coral then it's orange then it's sort of red depending on the kind of light I'm under) with a crelly finish. This was definitely a better formula than Manila but it still required three coats, easy as they were to apply. The color payoff is worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)