Sunday, January 27, 2013

Flower Cosmetics by Drew Barrymore - Good Bud-dy (Flower)


It's taken me an absurdly long time to get to swatching the Flower by Drew Barrymore polishes I'd gotten my hands on. This is, I believe, the first polish collection from her Flower line and the line seems to be exclusively at Walmart for now (at $4.98 for 0.4 oz/12 mL). There isn't a lot of selection but this a good enough start for a new line with about sixteen colors to choose from. Also, lot of these seem to be in season for the spring and summer. Random not so random note, all the names of the lacquers have something to do with flowers, spring, or plants (e.g, Eye of the Tiger Lily, Good Bud-dy, April Showers, First Bloom).



Item description at Walmart site:
The Flower Nail'd It Nail Lacquer collection has all the vibrant classic and on-trend shades that every one wants to wear. An ultra-shiny, high-gloss formula provides long-lasting lovely looks. 
Flower Nail'd It Nail Lacquer:
  • Ultra-shiny, high-gloss formula
  • Vibrant classic and on-trend
  • 3-free (free of DBP, toluene and camphor)
The bottle is square with a square white cap that can be popped off a la Butter London polishes for an easier to grip and unscrew under-cap. The brush-stem length is shorter than I'm used to but the bristles themselves are standard sized and gave me no issue with control or unevenness. Once I got used to the shorter stem, things worked themselves out. 


I begin with my favorite of the collection and the one that drew my eye to the display in the first place, Good Bud-dy

This is a gorgeous blue creme that catches your attention in the bottle and on the nail. Application was good with two coats being enough for opacity. I had no issues with streaking or dragging and true to the claims on the bottle, it dried quickly and was shiny all on its own (though I did add a topcoat of Seche Vite out of habit).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback! Let me know what you think :)